Hello World

Here begins a new digital voice. I again join the countless anonymous herd of ill- or well-mannered, opinionated internet users.

As of today I have successfully completed 26.13 revolutions about the unbounded sphere of flaming hydrogen that fuels all known existence. Though I know it to be constant, each trip 'round feels slightly shorter than the previous one.

I've spent most of the last two orbits here in Yanjiao, China. For those of you who don't know - i.e. humankind outside Yanjiao, China - the city spreads East of Beijing at an ever increasing rate. It is near the center of this sprawl that I pass ten hours per week behind a podium teaching "Advanced Reading II". If you were to ask me what I teach, I would say Introduction to Literature. But that is not the true title, which has been simplified somewhat unnecessarily.

In my abounding free time I send out letters and résumés with the speed and precision of a Spanish archer. Alas, Spain has done away with wooden weapons and I have yet to sign a new contract. This fortunately allows time for the great twenty-first century's sport of champions: Blogging.

I envision this as a blog like others: my thoughts, photos, loves, hates and more. Words from the past, words for the future; words by myself and by others. We'll see if my current drive to write for the world goes beyond previous attempts. Google pages makes it easier. 100words.net does so as well. Try it. One hundred words per day for 30 days. Sounds easy. I believe I reached a dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:16 AM

    Does your current drive to write go beyond previous attempts?

    ReplyDelete